Who Is Prof Walter Musakwa?
If you are interested in the world of academia and have been following the development of higher education, you must have come across the name Prof Walter Musakwa. He is an academician and researcher who has made significant contributions to the field of Agricultural Engineering, both in Zimbabwe and the global community.
Prof Musakwa, born on 7th September 1957, is a native of Zimbabwe. He completed his high school education at Mukai High School and later went on to pursue higher education in Agricultural Engineering. He holds a Bachelor of Science Honors in Agricultural Engineering, Master of Engineering in Agricultural Engineering, and a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Zimbabwe.
Prof Musakwa is a seasoned academician and has taught in various institutions, including the University of Zimbabwe and the Harare Institute of Technology. He has also served in different capacities in various organizations, including research institutions, private sector companies, and non-governmental organizations.
Prof Walter Musakwa’s research interests revolve around Agricultural Engineering. He is passionate about finding innovative ways of improving agricultural productivity through the use of technology. His research focuses on areas such as:
- Agricultural mechanization
- Renewable energy technologies
- Postharvest technology
- Food processing and preservation
Prof Walter Musakwa has made significant contributions to the Agricultural Engineering field, both in Zimbabwe and internationally. He has published several journal articles, book chapters, conference papers, and technical reports on various aspects of Agricultural Engineering.
Some of his most notable publications include:
- “Design and development of a low-cost solar dryer for fruits and vegetables” – Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 2013.
- “Industrial crop postharvest handling – A critical review” – Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research, 2011.
- “Determining optimal tractor size for efficient mechanization of smallholder farms in Zimbabwe” – Agricultural Systems, 2007.
Prof Walter Musakwa has accomplished a lot in his academic and professional career. He has won several awards and scholarships throughout his career, recognizing his contribution to the field of Agricultural Engineering. Some of his accomplishments include:
- The President’s Award for the Best Engineering Thesis, University of Zimbabwe, 1991.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Fellowship for Ph.D. Research, Vienna, Austria, 1997-2000.
- The National Productivity Award, Research and Development Category, Zimbabwe, 2014.
Prof Walter Musakwa is a seasoned academician and a prominent figure in the field of Agricultural Engineering. He has made significant contributions to the field through his research and publications. His work has contributed to the development of technologies aimed at improving agricultural productivity in Zimbabwe and beyond. If you are interested in the world of academia, be sure to follow Prof Walter Musakwa’s work and accomplishments.