Who is Eric Kacou and Why Should You Know Him
Eric Kacou is a name that has been making waves in the world of business and development. From his humble beginnings in rural Côte d’Ivoire, Eric has gone on to become one of the most influential business leaders in the world. In this blog post, we will take a closer look at who Eric Kacou is, his achievements, and the lessons we can learn from his story.
Eric Kacou was born and raised in rural Côte d’Ivoire. Growing up, he was exposed to extreme poverty and witnessed firsthand the struggles that people in his community faced. Despite the challenges, Eric was determined to make a difference and focused on his education. He went on to study at top universities including the Ecole Polytechnique in France and Harvard Business School.
Eric Kacou started his career as a consultant at McKinsey & Company. He worked with some of the world’s leading companies, advising on strategy, organization, and operations. In 2007, Eric founded Entrepreneurial Solutions Partners (ESP), a consultancy focused on helping entrepreneurs and businesses in emerging markets. Through his work with ESP, Eric has helped create jobs, generate economic growth, and drive social impact across the continent of Africa.
Statistics on Eric Kacou
If you’re not convinced that Eric Kacou is a big deal, here are some statistics that might change your mind:
– Eric Kacou has authored two books: “Entrepreneurial Solutions for Prosperity in BoP Markets” and “Reinventing Foreign Aid”.
– He has been a TEDx speaker, delivering a talk on “Solving the Jobs Paradox” in 2013.
– In 2016, Eric was named one of the World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders.
– He is also a member of the Aspen Institute’s African Leadership Network and the Technology Advisory Board of the International Finance Corporation.
Lessons from Eric Kacou’s Story
One of the most important lessons we can learn from Eric Kacou’s story is the power of education. Despite growing up in poverty, Eric was able to change his circumstances through education. He realized that the only way to break the cycle of poverty was to equip himself with the skills and knowledge he needed to succeed.
Another important lesson is the power of entrepreneurship. Through his work at ESP, Eric has shown that entrepreneurship can be a catalyst for economic growth and social impact. By creating jobs and driving innovation, entrepreneurs have the power to transform communities and change lives.
In conclusion, Eric Kacou is a remarkable individual whose story is an inspiration to us all. Through his work as a consultant and entrepreneur, he has demonstrated that education and entrepreneurship are powerful tools for driving economic growth and social impact. We hope that his story will inspire you to pursue your dreams and make a difference in your community.
1. Kacou, E. (2011). Entrepreneurial Solutions for Prosperity in BoP Markets. Routledge.
2. Kacou, E. (2017). Reinventing Foreign Aid. Harvard Business Review.
3. Solving the Jobs Paradox | Eric Kacou | TEDxAbidjan. (2013, August 15). YouTube. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEu_tCl4OQ0
4. World Economic Forum. (2016). Meet the Young Global Leaders 2016. Retrieved from https://widgets.weforum.org/ygl-2016/
5. Aspen Institute. (n.d.). African Leadership Network. Retrieved from https://www.aspeninstitute.org/network/african-leadership-network/
6. International Finance Corporation. (n.d.). Technology Advisory Board. Retrieved from https://www.ifc.org/wps/wcm/connect/ad64e44d-ea24-4240-972c-2565b6238090/advisory-board.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=lMRhwiG