Magatte Wade: A Successful Entrepreneur with a Heart for Africa
If you are looking for inspiration and motivation in the world of entrepreneurship, one person to keep your eyes on is Magatte Wade. Born in Senegal, West Africa, Magatte Wade is a unique entrepreneur who has made a name for herself by building successful businesses in the United States while never losing sight of her roots and her commitment to Africa.
Magatte Wade’s Background and Achievements
- Magatte Wade was born in Senegal and grew up surrounded by a family of entrepreneurs.
- She moved to the United States in 1998 to pursue her business dreams.
- Magatte has founded several successful companies, including Tiossan, a luxury beauty line that celebrates ancient Senegalese beauty secrets.
- She has been featured in numerous publications, including Forbes, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
- Magatte is a sought-after speaker, having given talks at Harvard Business School, MIT, and the World Economic Forum, among many others.
Magatte Wade has been recognized and awarded for her contributions to the world of business and entrepreneurship. She was named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2011, and a TED Fellow in 2013.
Magatte Wade’s Entrepreneurial Philosophy
Magatte Wade is a unique entrepreneur who believes in a philosophy that is rooted in her African heritage. Her businesses are inspired by her love for Africa and her belief in the power of entrepreneurship to create positive change.
She is committed to creating sustainable businesses that give back to the communities in which they operate, and she is an outspoken advocate for fair trade and ethical business practices. Magatte’s entrepreneurial philosophy is centered around the idea that we can build businesses that do well while also doing good.
Magatte Wade’s Impact on Africa
Magatte Wade’s commitment to Africa goes beyond her businesses. She is also a philanthropist and activist who is passionate about promoting economic development and empowering women in Africa.
She has served as a mentor and advisor to numerous African entrepreneurs and has been a vocal advocate for the role that entrepreneurship can play in driving economic growth and development in Africa. Magatte has also been actively involved in initiatives that promote education and healthcare in Africa.
Magatte Wade is an entrepreneur who has truly made an impact in the world of business. Her commitment to Africa, her philosophy of ethical and sustainable business practices, and her success as an entrepreneur make her an inspiration to many.
If you are looking to learn more about Magatte Wade and her businesses, we encourage you to visit her website and follow her on social media.
- Forbes: Lessons From Africa: Why I Choose to Do Business There (interview with Magatte Wade)
- The Guardian: Magatte Wade: From Senegal to California, an Entrepreneurial Force With Fair Trade Principles
- The New York Times: Tiossan by Magatte Wade: A Model of African Luxury
- World Economic Forum: Magatte Wade