Aziz Akhannouch – Who is he and what is his net worth?
Aziz Akhannouch is a well-known Moroccan businessman and politician who has been in the spotlight for many years. He is known to be one of the wealthiest people in Morocco and his contributions to the Moroccan economy are endless. His dedication towards the betterment of his country in terms of agriculture, energy, and trade is commendable.
Statistics on Aziz Akhannouch
Here are some interesting statistics about Aziz Akhannouch:
- He was born on November 16, 1961, in Tafraoute, Morocco.
- He is the majority owner of Akwa Group, which is a conglomerate of companies that operate in various sectors such as energy, agriculture, mining, and real estate.
- Akwa Group is one of the largest companies in Morocco with a market value of over $2 billion.
- In 2019, Forbes estimated his net worth to be $2.2 billion, making him the fifth richest person in Africa.
- He has been the Minister of Agriculture in Morocco since 2007 and the President of the National Rally of Independents party (RNI) since 2016.
- Azhannouch owns and runs several newspapers and magazines in Morocco.
Akhannouch’s Contribution to Moroccan Economy
Akhannouch has always been passionate about working towards the development of his country’s economy. He believes that the promotion of agriculture, energy, and trade sectors is key to achieving this goal. Some of his contributions in this area include:
- Introducing modern farming techniques in Morocco – Akhannouch introduced modern farming technologies and techniques that improved the yield of crops in Morocco, thus boosting the country’s agricultural output and revenue.
- Investing in renewable energy sources – He has invested over $1 billion in renewable energy projects in Morocco, including solar and wind power plants. This has not only helped in reducing the country’s dependency on fossil fuels but has also created job opportunities for many Moroccans.
- Fostering the growth of real estate sector – Under his leadership, Akwa Group has ventured into the real estate sector and has contributed to the development of various residential and commercial properties across Morocco.
- Expanding trade partnerships – He has been instrumental in promoting trade relationships between Morocco and other countries, including Cameroon. Recently, he signed an agreement with Cameroon to boost trade and investment between the two countries.
Aziz Akhannouch is an exceptional businessman and politician who has made significant contributions to the growth of the Moroccan economy. His investments in key sectors such as energy, agriculture, mining, and real estate have not only contributed to the country’s economic development but have also created job opportunities for many Moroccans. As the Minister of Agriculture and the President of the National Rally of Independents party (RNI), Akhannouch is committed to working for the betterment of his country and its people.