Tuma basa – The Ultimate Guide To Understanding It
What is Tuma basa?
Tuma basa is a term commonly used in Africa to refer to sending money to someone. The term is a Swahili phrase that literally translates to “send money”. Sending money through tuma basa can be done in a variety of ways, including bank transfers, mobile money, and money transfer companies.
Tuma basa has become increasingly popular in Africa over the last decade, largely due to the rise of mobile money services like M-PESA. These services have made it easier and more cost-effective to send and receive money, particularly for people who may not have access to traditional banking services.
Tuma basa Statistics
- According to the World Bank, remittances to Sub-Saharan Africa grew by 2.3% to reach $46 billion in 2019.
- By 2024, the mobile money market in Sub-Saharan Africa is expected to reach $33.8 billion, with over 500 million active users.
- A recent survey found that 60% of Africans use mobile money to pay bills and make purchases, while 40% use it to send and receive money.
- Kenya’s M-PESA, which was launched in 2007, now has over 20 million users and processes over 1 billion transactions per month.
How to Use Tuma basa
The specific steps for using tuma basa to send money will depend on the particular service you choose to use. However, there are some general steps that are likely to be involved:
- Register for an account with the service you want to use.
- Link your bank account, credit card, or debit card to your account.
- Enter the recipient’s information, including their name and contact details.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Confirm the details of your transaction and submit it.
Once you’ve completed these steps, the recipient should receive the money within a matter of minutes or hours, depending on the specific service and the particular countries involved.
Tuma basa vs. Other Payment Methods
Tuma basa offers several advantages over other payment methods:
- Speed: Tuma basa is generally faster than traditional bank transfers and money orders.
- Convenience: Tuma basa can be done from anywhere, at any time, using a mobile phone or other internet-connected device.
- Cost: Tuma basa can be cheaper than other payment methods, particularly for smaller amounts of money.
- Accessibility: Tuma basa is available to anyone with a mobile phone or internet connection, regardless of their access to traditional banking services.
Tuma basa Security
Tuma basa is generally considered to be a safe and secure way to send and receive money, provided that you choose a reputable service and follow common sense security practices:
- Choose a service that uses encryption to protect your personal and financial information.
- Only send money to people you know and trust.
- Never share your account information or login details with anyone.
- Keep your mobile phone or device secure and use strong passwords.
By following these practices, you can help ensure that your tuma basa transactions are safe and secure.
Tuma basa has become an increasingly important way for people in Africa to send and receive money. Whether you’re paying bills, supporting family members, or conducting business transactions, tuma basa offers a fast, convenient, and cost-effective way to transfer money. By choosing a reputable service, following security best practices, and staying up-to-date on the latest trends and statistics, you can make the most of this powerful financial tool.